Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Weekend to Myself

At first I was a little disappointed about not being able to join my friends up in Tahoe for a weekend of relaxing and outdoor activities. But I have to be honest, a weekend all to myself sounds pretty good right now.
HERE'S WHAT I PLAN ON DOING THIS WEEKEND:
  • Running 12.5 miles across the gorgeous Golden Gate Bridge. This is in preparation for my half marathon at the end of July. This also includes a nice relaxing beer and some good food afterwards. I guess that makes up for having to be in the city by 6am.

  • Making the Perfect Party Cake from TWD. I am going to attempt to make a miniture version of this cake. This means a trip to SurLaTable (poor me, I know) for a smaller pan. Should be yummy!

  • Begin sewing myself a new duvet cover for my bed. Going to use a design from Amy Butler's In Stiches book. Looking forward to bringing some color to my currently very khaki room (not quite sure how that happened).

  • Lay by the pool with a good book and get some sun. Boy do I ever need some color on this white, white skin.

As a wise man (Robert Frost, to be exact) once said:
"There is absolutely no reason to be rushed along with the rush."

It will just be nice to not have to be anywhere or do anything specific. A nice lazy summer weekend just doing the things I love to do.

That's exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment